Friday, October 29, 2010

today..one of my pt drove me nuts. nuts as in not a good way. i walked down to fmc in the pouring rain, all soaked up to the ward, under a chatty nurse who only chats her little heart away while i waited for her to approve smthg. given 2 pt, pt 1 was a fuss, pt 2 was an angel. pt 1 rings the bell every half an hr for little simple tasks tht he's so lazy to do.

first hr- pt 1 rings the bell cause he's got a wee wee and he wee wee on his bed, cause he's a VRE pt, so of course, the gowns and gloves b4 going into his room which takes up time and of course he kept ringing for fun knowing i'm outside of his room trying to get the gowns on.

2pm- pt 1 wants to be in bed, wants me to help him wear his shoes, wants me to measure his pan, wants me to move his table.

2.15pm- pt 1 wants me to move his tv remote to his bed.

2.25pm- pt 1 wants somthng.

2.45pm- pt 1 wee wee on his bed after i changed fresh linen on an hr ago.

by 3pm i had a slight headache.

3.15pm- did pt 1's bp. check on pt 2. gv pt 2 crushed ice, did his bp, check his wound.

3.20pm- 3.45pm- pt 1 wants me to lift his back rest which the control is just infront of him. check his pan bottle, wants me to feed him, wants me to help him get to bed...

by 4pm my headache was terrible. i couldnt concentrate on anything. i feel like my brain is not working properly as i cannot rmber much.

4-4.30pm- i finally got a bit of rest from pt 1 and went to check on pt 2.

4.30-5pm- pt 1 harrassed me with more chores which he himself can do but then he's quite fam. for being very dependent.

by 5 pm i felt sick..i couldnt take pt 1 anymore...he is just toooo much...

by 6pm, helen sent me home cause i wasnt feeling well.

4 comments:

~Cyndizz~ said...

u can talk to other nurses about it or with your friends who are there too. U can't help them all up if u cant,right? The main idea for 'health' is for them to do things independently so that they do not need others to do things for them,unless he/she bed bound and 'cacat'!!

sheila's world said...

yeahlar..i did..i asked him to do it himself instead of me doing it for him, but he wont stop buzzing the bell...its very damm annoying u know..arggg..and plus..i hate wearing tht gown when i go to his room..cause tht gown's material is super thick..so of course its gonna be a bit warm wearing it....i just donno what to do with him..when he was given to me, the nurse sort of just warn me tht he buzz all the time and thn ask me to be prepared for it..cause he might buzz after u've asked him if anything's wrong and tht he answered no and when u take off the gown, then it could be just when u walk out the door to his room, he buzz agn...its like he wants to annoy me...@.@

~Cyndizz~ said...

Gosh!!! i hate this kind of people. We call them as 'difficult patient'in pharmacy words. Haizzzzz....and now u really hv to know how to deal with him!!
Good luck sheila, u sure can do it:)
and btw, he dun hv any relatives or wife,children visiting him??

sheila's world said...

erm..not tht i know off...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com